Harding Township (New Vernon)
SectionsHarding Township (New Vernon) Biography
About Harding Township (New Vernon)
Established in 1922, Harding Township was named for then-President Warren G. Harding. Its location 45 minutes from New York City belies the pastoral scenery; where horses, sheep, and cows graze in meadows and open fields. There are about 50 miles of bridle trails winding throughout Harding Township, which are maintained by the Harding Township/Green Village Bridle Path Association. This atmosphere is ensured for future generations since 40% of the township is protected open space.
New Vernon and Green Village are two sections of Harding, in southeastern Morris County. Forbes magazine ranked New Vernon as "one of the 25 most expensive zip codes" in the country in 2006.
Green Village is an unincorporated area within both Harding Township and Chatham Township. Located just north of the Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge, Green Village has its own post office and fire station.Back to top